Wing Chun Freestyle
Wing Chun freestyle
Wing Chun Freestyle is a club based in the city of Lincoln.
It has been established for over 30 years, so your tuition will be with experienced instructors.
You will learn how to apply the effective Wing Chun style of Kung Fu, in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere with other members at differing levels of ability.
The syllabus is based on traditional Wing Chun Kung Fu and our style lends itself to practical, modern self-defence.
As training progresses, members are encouraged to refine their own skills, so there is a freestyle element, hence the club name.
Wing Chun Kung Fu
Wing Chun Kung Fu originated in China. Legend has it that during the Qing dynasty a Shaolin abbess, Ng Mui, developed the style to help a young woman, Yim Wing Chun, repel a bully who was trying to force her hand in marriage.
It is a concept-based close-quarters style, characterised by quick and relentless attacks. Some of the main principles are summarised below:
– Centre line theory which attacks and defends vulnerable targets.
– Triangulation with a sound stance and guard to form an effective defence and platform for attack.
– Economy in motion with straight lines and subtle movements resulting in faster strikes and minimal effort.
– Using an opponent’s energy against them such that any physique can overcome greater force.
– Sensitivity training resulting in reaction rather than a pre-set response for any given situation.
– Closing the gap to put an opponent under pressure and neutralise their attack.